AP Calculus BC
I would like to congratulate you for making it to AP Calculus BC the highest level math class that is offered at William Floyd HS. AP Calculus is a very challenging and fast-paced course that requires a sustained level of quality effort and concentration, but at the same time can be fun, interesting, and eye-opening. My ultimate goal is to prepare every student to the fullest extent for the AP Calculus BC exam, which will be given on Tuesday May 9, 2017.
· A BINDER to keep all Unit Packets and Review Sheets
· Pen or Pencil
· TI-84 Graphing Calculator
Grades are updated weekly so please check your progress
frequently on ICAMPUS.
· Tests ( 50% )
- The test date will be announced at the beginning of each unit. BE PREPARED!!
- Tests will be cumulative and will also include questions from Weekly Review sheets so keep
- There are NO RETAKES
- Test Corrections MUST be done during EXTRA HELP for any grade less than a 90 and you will
receive half of your points back for all correct answers/explanations. Corrections must be done
within 10 days of an exam and will not be graded unless they are complete.
· Quizzes/Weekly Reviews ( 25% )
- Quizzes will be given throughout each unit. They may or may not be announced.
- Weekly Reviews will be handed out and collected on the given DUE DATE. They will also be
posted on my website. They will count as a quiz grade.
- NO LATE reviews will be accepted!!
- Answers to the reviews will be posted on calcnerd.com after the due date so that you can use
them to study from since these questions could show up on a quiz or test.
- You can get help on the Weekly Reviews during extra help.
· Homework ( 10% )
- Homework will be given every night.
- NO LATE homework assignments will be accepted.
- Homework assignments will be posted on the calendar on my website.
I am available for EXTRA HELP everyday!!! You just need to come in.
There will also be extended EXTRA HELP until 3:15 posted
on the class calendar.
· Class Participation ( 15% )
Final Class Average is calculated as follows: 1st quarter 25%
2nd quarter 25%
3rd quarter 25%
4th quarter 25%
· It is the students responsibility to obtain any missed work from either me or another classmate.
· Missed work due to illness should be made up in a timely manner.
· Missed quizzes/tests should be made up within 10 days unless other arrangements are made with
· If you have a planned absence due to a field trip, lessons, etc. It is your responsibility to get any work
you will miss ahead of time so that you are ready to participate when you return. Any missed
quizzes or tests need to be made up as soon as you return.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore, is not an
act but a habit.” Aristotle